Day 2 • Reasonable Service
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service” (Romans 12:1, KJV).
Why, we ask, is presenting our bodies to God a reasonable service? Let’s think of what our God has done for us.
- Consider His grace—that despite our wanderings, as the Good Shepherd He continues to hold us.
- Consider His mercy—that despite our ever-present sinful nature, a thousand times of turning away from Him, He continues to love us.
- Consider His faithfulness—that though our hearts are fickle, often turning after other temporary and little gods, His faithfulness is sure.
- Consider His love-love that would reach out to the most vile and wretched of men, that would love you and me in spite of what we are.
- Consider His humiliation—the Lord of Glory who came to earth to be beaten, reviled, spit on, crucified, and denied by the very ones who claimed to love Him.
- Consider His kingship—the Lord of Glory who spoke and worlds were created, who has promised to prepare a place for us. Us!
INSIGHT: Reasonable service? Yes, but far more than reasonable. It is a priceless privilege—this service in Jesus’ name.